Care4BrittleBones is an organisation dedicated to enabling a better quality of life for people with OI through research. It is an international charity with roots in the Netherlands. Founded in 2012 by family and friends of a child with OI (Dagmar and Peter Mekking and Jacqueline Hornman), the foundation has quickly grown to become the biggest fundraising organisation for OI research in Europe.
The Care4BrittleBones Organisation consists of five groups/teams which are crucial for input, advice, and carrying out Care4BrittleBones’ activities:
- The Care4BrittleBones Board
- The Care4BrittleBones Core Team
- The 2 Advisory Boards
- Our Ambassadors
- Our Network Partners (country patients organisations)
The Foundation seeks to achieve its objectives by:
- raising funds;
- funding research and activities enabling research;
- contributing to impactful research by developing priorities and strategies for improving Osteogenesis Imperfecta supporting collaboration and knowledge sharing regarding Osteogenesis Imperfecta and providing support to research in the widest sense;
- informing stakeholders by issuing publications.